7/18/2012 - Building an Engaged and Effective Board - The Essentials of Board Governance and Tools for Recruiting the Right Board Member
Start: 09:00 AM
End: 01:00 PM
Nonprofit boards have the ultimate responsibility and accountability for the organizations they lead.
It doesn't matter if you have served on a board for years or if you are serving on a board for the first time, this course will help you with whatever stage of board development you are in with your organization.
Plus, the key to effective governance is the right mix of talent and expertise. Learn the steps of board recruitment and orientation to build a productive, engaged board.
The following will be addressed:
• 3 legal responsibilities of a nonprofit board
• 10 basic responsibilities of a nonprofit board
• The importance of recruiting board members based on their skills and how to identify the skills necessary to accomplish the organization’s mission.
• Where to look for the best board members (you won’t have to look too far)
• How to communicate expectations, train new members, and keep your board engaged.