Michigan IPL is a coalition of faith communities across the state. We have two primary goals:
- Foster and create an educated faith constituency that’s committed to proactive solutions to decreasing harmful coal plant emissions through energy efficiency & renewable technologies.
- Convince public officials, businesses, and utilities to significantly reduce energy demand and move Michigan to a cleaner, more efficient energy system.
We are looking for a bright, hard-working, self-motivated individual who is committed to our mission, “to support Michigan faith communities in becoming better stewards of the earth by promoting and implementing energy efficiency, renewable energy, and related sustainable practices through education, advocacy, and action.”
Our work involves several different types of job tasks, and we are willing to create a position for our Sustainability Program Intern that will coincide with the Intern’s interests/strengths.
Tasks could include the following:
- Coordinating workshops in houses of worship
- Creating narratives about our work to use in our communications
- Sustainability movement team building within houses of worship
- Conducting energy audits for houses of worship
- Working with houses of worship on installing energy efficient upgrades
- Advocacy work on sustainability issues, i.e. letter writing campaigns, organizing legislative visits
- Outreach to house of worship to engage in our programs and join Michigan IPL
If interested, please send resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references to email@example.com with “Sustainability Program Intern” in the email subject line. Call Cathy Marshall, Michigan IPL Deputy Director, with questions, 248-537-9175.