The Michigan Nonprofit Association (MNA) and the Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity (LEO) have announced the list of 1,373 nonprofit award winners of the MI Nonprofit Relief Fund (as of October 2023). This fund is a vital lifeline for Michigan's charitable organizations grappling with the adverse impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. The fund announced in February of 2023 and totaling $35 million, is dedicated to assisting small charitable nonprofit organizations that have been tirelessly serving their communities in these challenging times.
You can watch the MI Nonprofit Relief Fund Grantee Announcement Press Conference from November 2, 2023 below. Speakers include:
● Kim Trent, Deputy Director for Prosperity, Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity
● Kelley Kuhn, President and CEO, Michigan Nonprofit Association
● John Willis, Executive Director, Isaiahs Hub
● Tashmica Torok, Founding CoDirector, The Firecracker Foundation
● Lyonel LaGrone II, Community Impact Director, United Way of South Central Michigan
● Jason Moon, Communications Director, Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity
Michigan Nonprofit Relief Fund is Administered by Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity (LEO) and Michigan Nonprofit Association (MNA).
The MI Nonprofit Relief Fund is awarding one-time grant funds ranging from $5,000 to $25,000 to nonprofits in areas most affected by COVID-19, especially those underserved and underrepresented populations. Nonprofits in rural areas and those led by, and serving, Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) communities have been disproportionately affected by the ongoing pandemic. As a result, many of the applicants reflected the diversity of impacted communities:
Michigan Nonprofit Association (MNA) serves the diverse nonprofit sector through advocacy, inclusive services, programming and resources.
Founded in 1990, Michigan Nonprofit Association (MNA) is a 501 (c)(3) statewide membership organization that serves nonprofits through advocacy, training, and resources. MNA is dedicated to promoting anti-racism and social justice in the nonprofit sector.