Michigan Nonprofit Association (MNA) serves the diverse nonprofit sector through advocacy, inclusive services, programming and resources.
Founded in 1990, Michigan Nonprofit Association (MNA) is a 501 (c)(3) statewide membership organization that serves nonprofits through advocacy, training, and resources. MNA is dedicated to promoting anti-racism and social justice in the nonprofit sector.
We are champions for nonprofits and the communities they serve. We are deeply invested in our core values which are:
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Justice - We place an intentional focus on diversity, equity, inclusion and justice (DEIJ) because we have felt the impact of injustice. We challenge ourselves and others to ask the uncomfortable questions. We aim to lead with empathy and compassion.
- Integrity - Integrity is the foundation upon which we build relationships and trust. We will not compromise our integrity. We aim to know and do what is right.
- Forward Thinking - We seek to make all decisions with a focus on the future- to do our part to create a better tomorrow.
- Excellence - We strive to set and achieve ambitious goals.
- Relationships Focused - We take pride in nurturing our relationships.
- Results Driven- We produce results. We are reliable and hold the trust of many stakeholders.
- Respect - We have respect for each other, our stakeholders, and the entire charitable sector. We value the opportunity to lean into acceptance. We will continue to take time to listen, learn, and grow.
MNA serves the needs of the nonprofit sector through our work in thought leadership, advocacy, training, technology services, and civic engagement. We strive to connect, improve and advance all nonprofits to help build a strong, thriving and vital Michigan.
MNA's mission is to serve public benefit nonprofits by strengthening the collective voice, leadership, and capacity of nonprofits to enrich the lives of all Michiganders. Our vision is that Michigan's nonprofits are visible and valued as essential contributors to society. We aim to boost the influence of Michigan's nonprofits as change makers and valued state and national partners.