The kickoff session of the webinar series featured Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer, who dialed in live to speak on workplace re-entry and efforts to control the virus. The session also included a conversation with each CEO of the partner organizations, encompassing transitions in the nonprofit workplace, engaging the community, reaching members and beyond. Since many organizations are aiming to return to in-office work, legal guidance on developing a re-entry plan is included.
Reopening Businesses & Operations and State Executive Orders
- Telework is required where possible.
- Nonprofits should check with local jurisdiction for re-entry requirements:
- Executive Order No. 2020-110 (reopening order)
- Executive Order No. 2020-114 (workplace safety order)
- Executive Order No. 2020-36 (worker protection order)
- CDC/OSHA guidance
- Safety Requirements for In-Person Activity
- Develop a COVID-19 Preparedness and Response Plan (see Appendix for templates), a consistent document following COVID-19 guidelines from OSHA and including risk-level classification of employees and plans for implementation of recommended actions.
- Provide specific training to employees on standards and policies, such as wearing a mask and social distancing guidelines.
- Implement a daily screening protocol for employees and others entering the workplace.
- Provide non-medical face coverings and require them for employees and others entering the workplace.
- Alert the local health department, coworkers, contacts and customers of anyone with a confirmed case of COVID-19 within 24 hours.